|Session Overview: With a goal of reducing child and senior hunger dramatically within five years, the Dallas Coalition for Hunger Solutions, in collaboration with Movement Day Greater Dallas, encourages congregations to adopt at least one of 10 best-practice hunger solutions.|
|This session will focus on the relationship between "working poor" families and hunger. Participants will
- Celebrate stories of success from the past year.
- Participate in a poverty simulation "game" led by the North Texas Food Bank.
- Be a part of a conversation among 4 community leaders who will talk about how church and community food programs can stand in the gap for the working poor.
- Participate in a small group strategy session with other churches and nonprofits in your community.
- Receive a copy of Hunger Solutions for the Faith Community, 2nd edition.
|Track Leader: Jana Jackson|
|Jana Jackson is director of family and community ministries for Dallas Baptist Association, a cooperative ministry of 500 Baptist Church in Dallas and Rockwall Counties. Jana assists churches as they serve their neighbors for community transformation. She also serves as co-chair of the faith community team of the Dallas Coalition for Hunger Solutions.|
|Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 214-319-1166|